Jenn Jacobs, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Sport-based youth development
- Transfer of life skills
- Sport for social change
- Social and emotional learning
- Ph.D. Northern Illinois University, Educational Psychology
- M.S. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Sport Psychology
- B.S. University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Kinesiology
Recent Scholarly Activities:
- Jacobs, J.M., Castaneda, A., & Castaneda, R. (2016). Beyond the Ball: Youth development on the ground. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 87(5), 18-22.
- Jacobs, J.M., & Wright, P.M. (2016). An alternative application of imagery in youth sport: Promoting the transfer of life skills to other contexts. Journal of Sport Psychology in Action, 7(1), 1-10.
- Wright, P.M., Jacobs, J.M., Ressler, J.D., & Jung, J. (2016). Teaching for transformative educational experience in a sport for development program. Sport, Education and Society, 21(4), 531-548.
- Jacobs, J.M. (2016). Strategies for using summer camps as a platform for teaching personal and social responsibility to youth. Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation: Active and Healthy Magazine, 23(2/3), 38-42.
- Jacobs, J.M. & Weidner, A. (2015) Midwest Sport and Exercise Psychology Symposium. Conference Grant. Funded for $500 by Association of Applied Sport Psychology (AASP).
- Jacobs, J.M. (2012) Project Fit for Leadership. DeKalb Community Grant. Funded for $500.
- KNPE 310 - Psychological Aspects of Sport and Exercise
- KNPE 445 - Measurement for Evaluation
- KNPE 582 - Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- KNPE 583 - Psychology of Coaching
- KNPE 586 - Sport: Culture and Society
Physical Activity and Life Skills Group
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education
Anderson Hall 221
DeKalb, IL 60115