Do you love to travel and are interested in teaching in diverse classrooms as well as experiencing foreign cultures? Or are you thinking about a career overseas?
Check out Educate Global, the NIU College of Education’s unique opportunity for hands-on multicultural teaching. We partner with school districts from around the world to provide first-hand experiences with different cultures, international colleagues and a support system for both your teaching and your explorations of your host country.
Ultimately, Educate Global prepares you for global employment opportunities and sets you apart from your peers in the job search process with a transcript notation. Best of all, your compensation package for this non-credit experience includes round-trip airfare along with room and board.
This summer’s cohort of Educate Global students will travel to China to work at the Beijing Royal School.
- Undergraduate students who have been fully admitted into Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Middle Level Teaching and Learning, Physical Education, or Special Education, licensure programs.
- Graduate students in the same licensure programs currently holding a teaching license or that can provide verification of classroom teaching experience.
- Applicants must be native or near-native English speakers.
- Educate U.S. students are encouraged to apply
What to Expect
- COE students will teach English as a Foreign Language in a summer camp setting to students in third- through 12th-grades
- receive classroom management and instructional coaching by an onsite NIU faculty member
- work with local teaching assistants who help manage students and the language barrier
- assist with out-of-class activities that culminate in a closing ceremony
Additional activities include engaging community members outside of the teaching day, touring cultural attractions and learning the local language.
The application process for Summer 2018 has concluded.
For more information, contact Barbara Andree at 815-753-8697 or email@example.com.
- Educate Global 2017 Student Panel (log-in required)