Kelly H. Summers, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Educational Administration
Department:Leadership, Educational Psychology and Foundations (LEPF)
Bystander roles in school-age bullying, workplace bullying in educational settings, non-cognitive factors, school-university partnerships, and ethical leadership practices.
Ph.D. Northern Illinois University, 2008
M.A. Northern Illinois University, 2006
B.A. North Central College, 2001
Professional Educator Licensing:
Illinois General Administrative (Formerly the Type 75)
Illinois School Psychologist (Formerly the Type 73)
- Summers, K.H., Reeves, T.D., Walker, D.A. & Schwartz, J. (2015). Professional development for educational leaders in the era of performance evaluation reform. School Leadership Review, 10 (1), 33-43.
- Summers, K. H., Crawford, J. & Kiracofe, C. (Dec. 4, 2014). A legal and statistical analysis of Illinois school funding in light of pending litigation in Chicago Urban League v. Illinois, 309 Ed. Law Rep. 595.
- Jenkins, L.N., Demaray, M.K., Fredrick, S.S., & Summers, K.H. (2014). Associations among middle school students' bullying roles and social skills. Journal of School Violence. DOI:10.1080/15388220.2014.986675
- Demaray, M.K., Summers, K.H., Jenkins, L.N., & Becker, L.D. (2014). Bullying participant behaviors questionnaire (BPBQ): Establishing a reliable and valid measure. Journal of School Violence. DOI:10.1080/15388220.2014.964801.
- Cirigliano, B.W., Summers, K.H., & Crawford, J.G. (2014). The impact of full vs. half-day kindergarten on reading and math achievement: A longitudinal analysis. Journal of Education Policy, Planning & Administration, 4(1), 26-40.
- Summers, K.H, Demaray, M.K, & Becker, L.D. (2011). The development of the bully participant role survey.School Psychology in Illinois, 32(4).
- Demaray, M.K., Malecki, C.M., Brown, S.E., Ruger, S.Y., & Summers, K.H. (2009). The role of youth’s ratings of the importance of socially supportive behaviors in the relationship between social support and self concept.Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 38(1), 13-28.
- Hodgson, K.K. & Demaray, M.K. (2005). Evidence based practices in math instruction. National Association of School Psychologists’ Communiqué, 33(7).
- Demaray, M.K., Malecki, C.M., Davidson, L.M., Hodgson, K.K., & Rebus, P.J. (2005) The relationship between social support and student adjustment: A longitudinal analysis. Psychology in the Schools, 42(7), 691-706.
- EPFE 715: Foundations of Education Policy
- EPS 419/519: The Middle School Child
- EPS 723: Design of Research on Human Development and Learning in Educational Settings
- LEEA 745: Survey of Research in Educational Administration
- LEEA 755: Planning & Decision Making
- LEEA 798: Research Seminar in Educational Administration
Department of Leadership, Educational Psychology and Foundations
Graham Hall 223