Claire Zvosec, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Sport Management
Schaeperkoetter’s research typically relies on the intersection of organizational behavior, organizational theory, and sport finance to analyze decisions of sport leaders, sport employees, and sport participants.
- Ph.D. University of Kansas, Sport Management
- M.S.E. University of Kansas, Sport Management
- B.S. Washington University in St. Louis, Psychology
- B.S. Washington University in St. Louis, Spanish
- Schaeperkoetter, C.C. (2017). Basketball Officiating as a Gendered Arena: An Autoethnography. Sport Management Review, 20, 128-141.
- Schaeperkoetter, C.C., Mays, J., & Bass, J.R. (2017). “When There Was No Money In It, There Were No Men In It”: Examining Gender Differences In Qualifications of College Women’s Basketball Coaches. International Sport Coaching Journal, 4, 95-100.
- Schaeperkoetter, C.C., Bass, J.R., & Gordon, B.S. (2015). Student-Athlete School Selection: A Family Systems Theory Approach. Journal of Intercollegiate Sport, 8, 266-286.
- Katz, M., Pfleegor, A.G., Schaeperkoetter, C.C., & Bass, J.R. (2015). Factors For Success In NCAA Division III Athletics. Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 8, 102-122.
- Bass, J.R., Schaeperkoetter, C.C., & Bunds, K.S. (2015). The “Front Porch”: Examining the Increasing Interconnection of University and Athletic Department Funding. ASHE Higher Education Report, (5th ed., Vol. 41). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
Recently Funded Projects
- Schaeperkoetter, C.C. (2016). NASSM Doctoral Research Grant. “High School Sport Officiating and An Examination of Sport Employee Identification.” $1,450.
- Schaeperkoetter, C.C. (2015). NCAA Graduate Student Research Grant Award. “‘Alternative Success Theory’: An Examination of What Athletic Department Success Means for Small Colleges.” $6,000.
- Bass, J.R., Schaeperkoetter, C.C., & Gordon, B.S. (2015). Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics Database Challenge Awards. “Students Perceptions of Institutional Support for Athletics in NCAA Division I.” $2,000.
- LESM 365 - Communication Strategies in Sport and Exercise
- LESM 442 - Promotion of Sport and Fitness Programs
- LESM 544 - Sport Finance
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education
Anderson Hall 221
DeKalb, IL 60115