Peter J. Chomentowski, III, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Exercise Physiology
- Skeletal muscle adaptations to exercise training
- Body composition quantification for health and performance
- Muscle metabolism
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship University of Pittsburgh, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism Medicine
- Ph.D. University of Pittsburgh, Exercise Physiology
- M.S. University of Pittsburgh, Exercise Physiology
- B.S. University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Physical Education
- Simon D. Holzapfel, Peter J. Chomentowski, Louisa A. M. Summers, & Matthew J. Sabin. (2016) The relationship between digit ratio (2D:4D), VO2 max, ventilator threshold and running performance. International Journal of Sports Sciences and Fitness. 6(1).
- Ram R. Miller, Marty Eastlack, Gregory E. Hicks, Dawn E. Alley, Michelle D. Shardell, Denise L. Orwig, Bret H. Goodpaster, Peter J. Chomentowski, William G. Hawkins, Marc C. Hochberg, Luigi Ferrucci, & Jay Magaziner. (2015) Asymmetry in CT scans measures of thigh muscle 2 months after hip fracture: The Baltimore Hip Studies. Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences. 64; 753-75.
- Ratchakrit Srikuea, T. Brock Symons, Douglas E. Long, Jonah D. Lee, Yu Shang, Peter J. Chomentowski, Guoqiang Yu, Leslie J. Crofford, & Charlotte A. Peterson. (2013) Fibromyalgia is associated with altered muscle characteristics which may contribute to post-exertional fatigue in post-menopausal women. Arthritis Rheumatology. 65(2); 519-28.
- Francesca Amati, John J. Dubé, Elvis Alvarez Carnero, Martin M. Edreira, Peter Chomentowski, Paul Coen, Galen E. Switzer, Perry E. Bickel, Maja Stefanovic-Racic, Frederico G.S.Toledo, & Bret H. Goodpaster. (2011) Skeletal muscle triglycerides, diacylglycerol, and ceramides in insulin resistance: Another paradox in endurance-trained athletes? Diabetes, 60(10); 2588-97.
- KNPE 458/558 - Stress Testing
- KNPE 460 - Cardiopulmonary Disease and Rehabilitation
- KNPE 462 - Clinical Exercise Physiology
- KNPE 464 - Scientific Basis of Exercise Testing, Prescription, and Progression
- KNPE 514 - Neuromuscular Aspects of Physical Performance
- KNPE 560 - Cardiorespiratory Physiology
- KNPE 561 - Advanced Exercise Physiology
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education
Anderson Hall 221
DeKalb, IL 60115