Train for a Career Helping Visually Impaired Veterans
Northern Illinois University is the place for you to begin your rewarding career providing vision rehabilitation services for veterans who are blind or visually impaired.
NIU is offering 10 qualified candidates FULL tuition and fees to join a cohort that will begin training on August 23, 2011. The program runs 22 months and is only offered on a full-time basis on campus in DeKalb, Illinios.
Once students have graduated, they must commit to work with clients for 44 months.
The application deadline for admission is May 15, 2011. Contact Dr. Gaylen Kapperman at 815-753-8453 for more information.
FREE Financial Aid
- All tuition (in-state or out-of-state)
- All fees
- Health insurance
- Yearly stipend of $5,200
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited American institution of higher education
- Completed online application with a $40 application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous academic work
- GPA of 2.8 on a 4-point scale for all previous academic work
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores of 400 on the verbal subtest and 400 on the quantitative subtest with completion of the analytical subtest
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement