- Student Services Home
Students in the College of Education (COE) engage with professional academic advisors to navigate their undergraduate academic and career goals. Specializing in the areas of Athletic Training, Early Childhood Studies, Elementary Education,
- explore and strive for academic and career goals and aspirations;
- develop an academic plan guiding them to degree completion;
- effectively utilize campus resources;
- complete necessary paperwork and logistical items necessary to degree progress.
To assist undergraduate students in making a successful transition to life at NIU; to foster intellectual and personal development toward academic success and lifelong learning; and to promote self-sufficiency, integrity, and professionalism to enable students to become exemplary role models in chosen fields and global communities.
What student can expect from their advisors:
- Assist students to understand university policies & procedures, general education requirements, and program curriculums
- Encourage and guide students in the process of defining, developing, and attaining academic and career-related goals
- Assist students in developing skills needed to create realistic and attainable educational plans
- Provide information regarding relevant campus resources and services that will assist in enhancing academic performance and college experience
- Foster a collaborative partnership between faculty, staff, and students
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be accessible to all students for questions and concerns
- Encourage your ability to think critically, solve problems, and make informed decisions about your future life plans
- Promote ethical conduct
- Monitor student progress
Undergraduate Academic Links
- Articulation Handbook
- GPA Calculator
- Learning Center
- Plus/Minus Grading
- Tutoring Resources
- Undergraduate Catalog
Undergraduate Advising Links
- Academic Probation & Dismissal
- Dismissal Appeal
- Academic Reinstatement
- Reinstatement Appeal
- Reentrance of Illinois Public Community College Grads
- Changes in Class Schedule
- University Withdrawals
Let Us Know How We Are Doing!
If you've received services in our office, please complete our anonymous and confidential survey.
Contact UsCollege of Education Student Services
8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.