Undergraduate Academic Checklist
- Schedule an appointment with the appropriate academic advisor each semester. Be sure to do this early as to meet any application or permit deadlines. Don't forget to bring your Academic Requirements Report, which can be obtained from MyNIU.
- Read the bulletin boards associated with your major for updated information about your major, deadlines, etc.
- Read the requirements for your major in the Undergraduate Catalog. Be sure you have a clear understanding of the requirements for your major.
- Obtain information regarding criminal background checks, TB testing, and licensure tests from your advisor.
- Review your Academic Requirements Report each semester. You are responsible for your graduation requirements.
- Keep any and all papers that pertain to your academic program and/or progress.
- Check Financial Aid status each semester, if appropriate.
- Make sure any holds are removed prior to registration. You will not be able to register unless they are resolved. You can check your account for holds via MyNIU.
- Classes are in demand and you need to register for classes promptly.
- Be sure your address is correct in MyNIU.
- In order to graduate, you must apply for graduation at the appropriate time. You are responsible for letting the Office of Registration and Records know the term you anticipate graduating. The semester before you are to graduate, you should access the graduation application on-line via MyNIU or Registration and Records.
Contact UsCollege of Education Student Services
8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.